A while back, there was a big movement on StackOverflow to remove tags from post title names. I believe that we should be doing the same thing here and I am just wondering if the community agrees with me.
Examples (not from real posts):
- Indexing - Error when trying to use the Tree Search in the Sitecore UI
- SPEAK - Creating a custom dialog for a custom field
- Solr - Getting an error when trying to reindex with a clean instance
- Sitecore 8 - Multilist with Search field selection pane not populating
Side-note: I haven't seen any situations where this has happened yet, but I just wanted to make sure there is an official decision on this.
Based on @JammyKam's response, I would like to clarify what I mean by "tags in the post titles". What I am referring to is the inclusion of a tag at the beginning or end of a post title, that isn't actually part of the post title. Often times, these tags are separated from the post title using a dash, a pipe, or another special character.
The following (rewrites of the above examples) would be totally acceptable even if we say that tags should be excluded from the post title:
- Getting index-related error when trying to use the Tree Search in the Sitecore UI
- Creating a custom SPEAK dialog for a custom field
- Getting a Solr error when trying to reindex with a clean instance